Forum Survey of Candidates for State Level Elective Offices
Our Forum will send a package of information and recommended reforms on the civic/political issue areas covered to date on our web site to all incumbents and challenging candidates seeking state level elective offices. This information will be sent to all 68 incumbents in both executive and legislative branches of our state government, whether up for re-election or not, as we want to determine their support or non-support for our Association's recommended reforms related to these important issues. All challenging candidates for these elective offices will receive the same package.
Our Forum's survey package will contain the following: program and cost effective information about the civic/political issue areas with our recommended reforms to be accomplished by these state level elected decision-makers; contact information for Issue Area Facilitators available to all incumbents and challengers requesting additional information; and a one-sheet survey form to be completed, signed off on and returned in an accompanying stamped envelope.
Our one page survey form will include the following questions with yes or no to be checked at the end of each question, signed off on and returned :
- Do you support the enactment of our Forum's single payer, nongovernmental administered Delaware Health Security Act as it is now written and without any changes?
- Do you support the enactment of our Forum's Delaware Campaign Finance and Election Reform Act as our Coalition has researched and written it, without any changes?
- Do you support the enactment of our Forum's Delaware Crime Prevention and Rehabilitation Act as it is now written and without any changes?
- Do you support an act creating an initiative and referendum opportunity for Delaware citizens to petition and place legislation on the ballot as 24 states now provide their citizens?
- As all elected state officials are supposed to keep citizens informed, will you support legislation requiring proper notices and providing citizen/media access to all Executive/Legislative branch meetings?
- As the approximately $20 million annual community transportation fund program for legislators has been proven to be used for other purposes, some corrupt, will you support legislation to eliminate this unethical incumbent campaign advantage gift and return these funds to appropriate transportation departments?
- With our state constitution requiring our state legislature accountable for efficient public schooling, will you support creating a state committee of public school stakeholder group representatives and thoroughly complete the awareness/understanding phases of proven, documented program and cost effective Quality District Model reform needed in all of our public school districts?
- Will you then support providing and/or acquiring the relatively small amount of funds for required training of building level staff and parents and allow needed time for implementing all Quality District Model reform components in school districts that volunteer to fully implement this proven program and cost effective school system reform?
Forthcoming Delaware Election Cycles
In the future, our Forum's web site will contain best knowledge information for all civic/political issue areas important in our state's future and listed on our Home Page. Many of our best knowledge information and recommended reforms are derived from research findings and proven, effective best practices demonstration in other states. Thirty two statewide organizations have endorsed our Forum's single payer Delaware Health Security Act and nine statewide organizations have endorsed our Delaware Campaign Finance and Election Reform Act, which was developed through Common Cause of Delaware. Many activist Delaware citizens are working in support of these two acts. We believe that when best knowledge information and recommended reforms for the additional issue areas are completed and on our web site, many more organizations and individuals will be added to our Forum like tributaries flowing into a cleansing civic/political stream. With this ever-increasing, informed, motivated civic/political collective force, we believe we can significantly impact and raise the level of our state's political culture in future campaigns for elective offices in both executive and legislative branches of our state government. We invite every citizen's informed, involved civic responsibility membership/ownership in our Forum's vision and mission.